Fort Worth Fire Damage Restoration Process
If you've experienced fire damage to your home, call the Fort Worth fire damage restoration experts at SERVPRO.
Fires can happen to anyone and at any time. 80 fire departments in or surrounding the Fort Worth, TX area are prepared to respond when houses and businesses need help.
Did you experience fire damage this year? Maybe a kitchen mishap, 4th of July fireworks on the roof, or (heaven forbid) an electrical fire? Even when the fire happened to the property next door, there may still be damage to yours.
From counting your blessings that the loss wasn’t worse, to reeling from extensive damage, you must address the damage right away. Smoke and soot are damaging to property and must be dealt with as soon as possible.
Whether it’s sharing our best fire damage tips or coming out to the property for a free evaluation, our SERVPRO franchise in Fort Worth is here for you. We’re with you every step of the way through the fire damage restoration process.
How Long Does Fire Damage Restoration Take?
How long a complete fire restoration takes depends on the size of the property, the extent of the damage, and the amount of belongings that need to be recovered.
A smaller dwelling project with moderate damage (like an apartment) takes about a week to complete. However, a home around 3,000 Sq. Ft. (also with moderate damage) needs a few weeks to finish.
During the restoration process, we work to clean and restore your belongings. How many items there are to treat determines how long it takes to get the job done.
For businesses and larger homes, the process can take about a month. Situations with significant loss (like those requiring reconstruction) may need longer than a month and typically involve an insurance claim. When an insurance adjuster is involved, this adds another 2-3 days to the timeline.
Working with a full-service restoration company like SERVPRO has the advantage of a more efficient process. This means we can coordinate the cleaning alongside the reconstruction (when applicable) to minimize the time needed to complete the restoration.
SERVPRO’s goal is to get your life back to normal as soon as possible, so we aim to keep the recovery process no longer than a month.
What Does a Fort Worth Fire Damage Restoration Company Do?
External fire damage leaves the structure exposed to further harm from the elements. For instance, rain leads to rotting and mold that make matters worse.
Internally, fires create problems by burning construction materials. The release of toxic chemicals makes the interior environment unhealthy. Then, acid soot seeps into porous surfaces causing permanent discoloration. Damage is also caused by lingering smoke (to electronics, for example).
SERVPRO’s Fort Worth area fire damage service professionals are “faster to any disaster.” We’re here 24/7 to respond immediately after the fire department leaves. The sooner you call, the sooner we can get started to protect your property and its valuable contents from further destruction.
Our Fort Worth Fire Damage Restoration professionals are highly-trained specialists who have the proper equipment to restore your property back to preloss condition.
Our Team of Specialists:
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
We have a “restore first” mission. So we use specialized equipment and cleaning techniques to recover damaged property so replacement isn’t needed. We’re glad to know that we’ve recovered irreplaceable items, so we do our best to make it "Like it never even happened.”
Our Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration Process
SERVPRO is upfront about what to expect during the fire damage restoration process. Below is what a typical fire damage procedure entails.
Step 1: First Point of Contact
Fire damage restoration begins when our Customer Care Specialist takes your call at our 24/7 dispatch center.
On this call, we begin the intake process. We ask questions about the event so we can send out our Fort Worth fire damage experts - equipped with everything needed to perform a complete restoration.
Step 2: Inspect and Assess the Fire Damage
To properly outline the necessary fire restoration procedures for your property, we do a complete inspection. Our team is specially trained to assess the true extent of the damage from fire, smoke, and soot. Once we’ve identified everything that needs attention, we create a plan that addresses every inch of damage.
Step 3: Immediate Protection with Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
Should you lose a window, wall, or some of the roof from fire damage, we won’t leave your property exposed to the elements or trespassers.
We’ll either board up or tarp these areas as soon as possible to prevent an unfortunate situation from becoming worse.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (When Water Damage Is Present)
Sometimes restoring property with fire damage involves water removal and drying. Water from fire hoses, fire sprinklers, or attempts by the occupant to snuff the flames will leave a water mess behind.
First, we extract excess water from the property. Then we remove additional water and moisture from the environment with dehumidifiers and ventilation helpers so the entire area is completely dry.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
The most important step in repairing fire-damaged homes and buildings is the thorough and complete removal of smoke and soot, both externally and internally.
We use specialized equipment and expert technique to rid roofs, ceilings, walls, belongings, etc. of the damaging remnants of a fire (including the recovery of documents and photos).
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing
Soot and smoke make everything dirty. That’s why we use our expert fire damage cleaning techniques to clean and sanitize it all.
Smoke also leaves a stench behind. We use industrial air scrubbers and fogging to remove smoke and its odor from the environment. You shouldn’t have to live with the smell and you won’t have to.
Step 7: Restoration
SERVPRO’s fire damage services go beyond mere recovery - our goal is full restoration.
We do the necessary repairs to bring the property back to its pre-fire state. This may include drywall replacement, carpet replacement, painting, or major reconstruction. Our team does whatever it takes to make it good as new.
Contact SERVPRO of North Richland Hills Today for Fort Worth Fire Damage Restoration
For over 30 years, SERVPRO of North Richland Hills has carried out complete fire damage repair and restoration numerous times.
Our team is “faster to any size disaster” for fire-damaged homes and businesses. It matters to us that your environment is healthy and comfortable. So our goal is to use our expertise, specialized equipment, and resources to make it "Like it never even happened.”
If fire damage happens to your property or the one next door, call us right away at (817) 589-1499. We’re here to answer the phone 24/7. The sooner we can get started on the fire damage restoration process, the better. Let’s get started today so you can get on with your life ASAP!
Signs of Black Mold In Air Vents
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills Provides Professional Mold Remediation for Black Mold in Air Vents
Most of us are in the habit of tossing food products at the first sign of mold. We wouldn’t even consider eating moldy food, so it follows that it’s also unhealthy for us to breathe mold in the air. When mold grows in air vents and HVAC systems, it mixes with the circulating air we breathe.
Air quality issues (such as black mold in air vents) should be addressed. It’s especially urgent for those who are vulnerable to illness (babies, little children, the elderly, and people who are immunocompromised.)
Do you notice a mold problem in your vents or somewhere in your HVAC system? Here at SERVPRO of North Richland Hills, we are the Fort Worth mold remediation specialists and here to answer the call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What is Black Mold?
The formal name for common black mold is Stachybotrys Chartarum.
While black mold is the most noticeable kind of mold, keep in mind…
- Mold coexists with us in the natural environment. Only unhealthy molds are the problem.
- Not all black mold is Stachybotrys. Other types of mold are also black. To know what kind it is, testing must be done. Our mold specialists can identify what IS toxic.
Noticeable signs of mold:
- A sweet but musky smell.
- Illness (particularly allergy symptoms).
- The increasing appearance of spotting (black or other colors).
What is unseen are the spores. Microscopic spores travel through the air that enters through windows, and make their way into hair, fibers, or HVAC systems. Mold collection within your air conditioning systems and vents may be where the source of the spores is hiding.
Because mold spores thrive on moisture and quickly reproduce in damp conditions, sources of water must be addressed. In water damage events, mold growth starts in as little as 48 hours.
What Causes Black Mold in HVAC Air Ducts?
How does mold find its way deep into ductwork? Mold makes itself at home in warm and moist temperatures (humid climates). Anywhere moisture gets trapped is the ideal breeding ground for mold.
HVAC Issues to Address:
- Oversized unit: If an AC unit is too big for the square footage, it doesn’t cycle properly. This causes accumulation of excess moisture that doesn’t have the chance to dry up so moisture gets trapped in the ductwork.
- Very cool temperatures: Mold does grow in warm temperatures, but when the AC is producing air that is too cold, this creates condensation. This happens when cold air meets warm air. Condensation is another opportunity for mold growth.
- Leaks: Cracks in the ducts let moisture and warm air in. Both factors trap moisture in the HVAC air ducts.
Damp and dark places are where mold grows. Ductwork is dark, so mold grows when moisture is trapped there.
What are the Signs of Black Mold in Air Vents?
Sometimes dark areas on the vent surface or between the cracks are just dust, paint, or rust. Does it smell funny around the vent? Are there signs of mold around the air vents?
Relieved that it was just some dust or fuzz? Keep in mind that dust is food for mold. Keep mold at bay by removing dust in vents and keeping them moisture-free.
Does Mold in AC Vents Need to Be Cleaned Out?
Killing black mold in air vents and other accessible AC areas does help keep some mold out of the air. However the deeper the problem is, the more likely you are to need help from professionals. Without solving the root cause, mold in ac vents just grows back.
Steps For Cleaning Your AC:
- Shut off the HVAC system.
- Wear an N-95 respirator
- Dispose of and double bag anything porous that is water damaged.
- Thoroughly remove black mold in air vents with a bleach solution or baking soda and detergent solution.
- Use a wet vac to remove standing water.
- Apply an EPA registered disinfectant labeled for HVAC non-porous surfaces. Use this to kill mold on all surfaces(ductwork, coils, plenums, pans, etc). It helps to pinch off a section at a time to keep spores from spreading through the ductwork.
- Use a mold and mildew inhibitor (for HVAC and EPA registered) to all components of the HVAC systems.
While all of the above is progress toward fighting air quality problems, the EPA recommends professional mold treatment help.
Our team at SERVPRO of North Richland Hills is specialized in mold remediation and we have the right personal protection equipment to do the job safely (including N95 respirators).
Reach Out to a Black Mold Remediation Specialist
For decades, SERVPRO of North Richland Hills has provided expert mold remediation in the North Richland Hills and Fort Worth areas including commercial mold removal.
Molds exist naturally and cannot be 100% removed and mold remediation is about removing the toxic molds.
What We Do:
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
- Strictly adhere to Texas mold safety laws
- We’re faster to any disaster and we make it like it never happened!
- 24/7 service
If you see signs of black mold in air vents or smell mold, the time to act is now! Mold spreads quickly when left untreated.
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills has the training, experience, and equipment needed to swiftly contain the mold infestation and return the AC or furnace to preloss condition. We provide professional mold remediation services to Fort Worth, North Richland Hills, Hurst, Watauga, Richland Hills, Smithfield, and surrounding communities..
Restore your property to a healthy environment and call our mold experts anytime at (817) 589-1499 or fill out our convenient contact form.
Water Damage Restoration in Fort Worth, TX
Water Damage Restoration in Fort Worth
Every year we see dramatic weather changes in Fort Worth. From freezing rain to severe summer thunderstorms, the weather brings water with it. Seasons have the potential to impact homes with burst pipes in the winter or flood damage in the summer.
Your water emergency is our emergency - natural disasters and otherwise. SERVPRO of North Richland Hills is here to assist you with water damage events around the clock.
For 24/7 Water Damage Restoration in Fort Worth and North Richland Hills
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills is a locally owned and operated home and commercial restoration company. Over the last 30 years, we’ve dealt with every kind of water damage scenario. We are the experts on water damage restoration and mold removal in Fort Worth!
Who we are:
- 24-hour emergency service, 7 days a week
- We live by our motto: “Faster to Any Size Disaster.”
- A staff of highly trained Water Restoration Technicians.
- A trusted leader in the Water Restoration Industry.
- Provider of advanced water inspection, extraction, and drying equipment.
You can count on us to provide timely and thorough water removal and flood damage cleanup services at the time you need it most.
What Causes Water Damage in Fort Worth?
Water emergencies come in all kinds from torrential downpours to plumbing failures. However the water gets in, it’s likely to cause damage and problems. While basement flooding is common in some parts of the country, it isn’t in our area.
Here are some potential scenarios Fort Worth and North Richland Hills residents may experience.
- Flooding or storm damage from severe weather.
- Flooding from firefighting operations.
- Overflowing gutters.
- Water seepage into attics and crawl spaces.
- A sewage backup into the home or business.
- Pipes burst or leak.
- Plumbing system issues.
- Overflow from toilets, bathtubs, and sinks.
- HVAC system problems.
- Leaking from appliances, water heaters, plumbing, etc.
Water mitigation remedies can be made to prevent the above issues from happening. But when these situations happen regardless, timely water damage restoration may be necessary.
The cornerstone of our business is professional water damage services. For this purpose, we have our technicians on-call and ready to dispatch to the property when you need us.
Upon arrival at the scene, we are fully prepared and equipped to get started on the water damage restoration process immediately. We are the leader in the restoration industry because we are reliable and consistent.
What Are Signs of Water Damage?
Too much water exposure leaves signs of water damage. The sooner you discover them, the quicker you can act to prevent mold problems with proactive cleaning and remediation.
- Trapped water - Water accumulates in pools or puddles or accumulates by several inches of water with flooding.
- Discoloration or spotting - Conspicuous discolored or dark areas on floors, ceilings, or walls. These might also appear around pipes, sinks, toilets, etc. Also, check inside cabinets and closets. Peeling or cracking paint or drywall may also be a sign that water damage occurred.
- The floor feels squishy or squeaks as you walk.
- The sounds of rushing water when no outlets are turned on.
- Mold can be seen.
- The presence of mildew - The room smells or feels musty. Mildew may also be accompanied by humidity.
- Sewage smell.
- A spike in the utility bill.
If you observe any of the above, take action. Being proactive prevents things from getting worse and allows you to restore the space back to its original state.
Our Water Damage Restoration Process
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills’ thorough water damage restoration process is the best in the Fort Worth area. We understand that no two situations are alike, so we approach our inspections with this goal in mind - to determine the best restoration and cleaning solutions for your particular circumstances.
What we do:
- Water removal: We extract all standing water from the affected areas. This includes sewage cleanup.
- Water clean up: We clean everything that comes into contact with water. We make sure the property is thoroughly cleaned and dried to prevent mold growth. When necessary, this process includes disinfection and complete carpet cleaning.
- Mold inspection: Our top priority is preventing a mold health hazard. We carefully inspect for mold as part of our cleaning process. Several of our staff are Texas certified mold technicians trained for thorough mold remediation during the restoration process.
- Water damage repairs: What cannot be salvaged during our cleaning process will be replaced or rebuilt.
Our expert cleaning and restoration procedure consists of these 6 steps:
Step 1: Emergency Contact
Step 2: Inspection and Damage Assessment
Step 3: Water Removal/Water Extraction
Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
Step 5: Cleaning and Repair
Step 6: Restoration
Our cleaning process is customized according to the extent of the damage and the contamination levels we find on-site. Each step will be planned according to the particular restoration needs for your property damage.
This thorough process prevents the growth of mold, bacteria, and other toxic microorganisms that have the potential to cause further damage and create potential health risks.
Contact SERVPRO NRH Today for Water Damage Restoration in the Fort Worth Area
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills has this goal in mind - make it "Like it never even happened."
Our IICRC certified technicians are equipped with the experience, knowledge, and the training needed to deliver a complete restoration and cleaning that is well worth the investment.
Our company has served the Fort Worth area for more than 40 years providing residential and commercial cleaning services. We’re ready to act at the time of your call.
Don’t wait for the water damage to get worse or become a mold health hazard. Call the experts anytime at (817) 589-1499. You may also submit your inquiry by using our quick and easy contact form anytime.
Church Cleaning and Sanitation Services for Places of Worship
Cleaning Services for Churches and Places of Worship
More than ever, the people in the DFW area need a place for healing. For centuries, places of worship have served as a place to be spiritually fed and where the downtrodden can go for support.
Churches, temples, and synagogues are pillars of the community as they comfort the suffering through prayer and togetherness as well as providing basic necessities like food and shelter.
Because faith-based organizations are so important to our communities, SERVPRO of North Richland Hills is here to support our places of worship so that they may continue to serve their members and neighbors.
We offer disinfection and sanitization guidance as well as complete church cleaning services for faith communities in our area so you may all worship together once again!
How to Clean Your Place of Worship
Your cleaning plan consists of both daily cleaning and scheduled routine cleanings. This accounts for every square foot of the worship center with special attention directed to those areas most frequently used by those who work, regularly attend, or visit the church.
Germ Prone Areas of the Church
- Lobby and entrances
- Nave and Sanctuary
- Fellowship Hall
- Kitchen or Food Service Areas
- Staff and Administrative Offices
- Basement Storage Areas
- Baptismal area
- Choir and orchestral areas
- Pulpit, stage, and seating areas on stage
- HVAC Systems
Having a complete sanitation maintenance plan is fundamental to instill confidence in your member base about the cleanliness and safety of your church.
This plan starts with an inventory of what should be cleaned, what needs to be disinfected, and what equipment is required to safely clean your religious facility.
If your church has been closed for some time (at least seven days) the facility will need a thorough cleaning and disinfection before reopening. There needs to be special attention given to the “high touch” areas but also cleaning of areas that are rarely or never touched.
It helps to map out the entire church property to account for all spaces. Mark off those areas where human activity and contact most commonly occurs. Areas that are frequently touched and thus germ-prone are known as “high touch” areas.
Examples of Common High Touch Areas:
- Door handles
- Faucets and sinks
- Toilets and bathroom fixtures
- Pews and chairs
- Safety rails
- Keyboards and tablets
- Touch screens
- Light switches
Once all cleaning areas have been mapped out, they are ready to receive priority and be part of your church cleaning checklists. “Hot spots” should receive an increase in cleanings.
Go over all areas inside and outside for surfaces that look dingy, grimy, or otherwise unclean. For best effectiveness, all of these surfaces with soap and water before applying disinfectants.
Porous materials such as textiles, rugs, seats, etc., should also be cleaned and disinfected using the appropriate methods. Launder cloth items according to label instructions with the right strength of detergent and the warmest water temperature possible. Fabrics and rugs are to be completely dried before using them again.
Consult the health and safety directives from regional organizations specific to your denomination and meet with leadership to determine how to create the best action plan.
Use of Disinfectants
Disinfectants should be used throughout the properties, but more frequently on high touch areas. Cleansing with soap and water first makes disinfectants more effective as it removes most of the germs and exposes remaining germs so the disinfectant can finish the job.
We highly recommend using EPA-approved disinfectants for regular sanitation. (Refer to the EPA guide and list of SARS-CoV-2 disinfectants).
For any disinfectant product, read the directions thoroughly before use. Some may require prepping the surfaces, use of PPE (personal protective equipment), or ventilation.
Products with at least 70% of alcohol or bleach solutions may be used as alternative disinfectants proactive toward fighting against the Coronavirus.
Make sure the bleach product is appropriate for disinfection (some laundry bleaches are not) and that the bleach is not expired. Bleach solutions should sit for at least one minute to sanitize surfaces. As with all cleaning products, read the directions carefully before use and wear the appropriate PPE.
4 teaspoons bleach to a quart of water
5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach to a gallon of water.
For some cleaning solutions and procedures, special PPE or gloves may be required. Fumigants or fogs may need special equipment or trained specialists to safely use these products.
Our SERVPRO of North Richland Hills team is qualified to properly use such industrial disinfectants.
Ensure that your church cleaning crew is properly trained to follow label directions exactly. They should wear the appropriate PPE when mandated, maintain proper ventilation, and most importantly thoroughly wash their hands after handling disinfectant products.
How to Handle Persons Who Are Sick
While worshiping with those who share your faith is like medicine for the soul, it’s important to remind members that those who are sick should remain at home until they are well again (symptom-free for 10 days without the use of fever-reducing medication).
Remain vigilant about symptoms specific to COVID-19:
- Sore throat
- Losing the ability to taste or smell
- Difficulty breathing
- Chills/shaking with chills
- Muscle aches
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100F
- Close contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19. Those who have been in contact with someone who is likely to have COVID-19 or is a confirmed case of such should self-quarantine for 14 days before leaving the house again)
Should an affected person enter your facility, you do not need to necessarily close the entire building down. Block off any area the sick person has been in contact with. Once those areas have been closed off for 24 hours, you may thoroughly clean and disinfect the surfaces and items.
If feasible, restrict airflow out of the affected area by turning off HVAC systems.
Establishing and implementing policies that promote health and safety reassures your congregation that your place of worship is safe and is concerned about their well being.
We do this by faithfully fulfilling the set cleaning procedure (daily is best), encouraging social distancing, and enforcing policies that only allow well people to attend services.
Resources for Current Advisories and Religious Facility Operations Guidance
Expert Religious Facility & Church Cleaning Service in Fort Worth, TX
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills understands that our community leaders want the safest environment for their community.
Professional cleaning reassures the church staff, congregation, and visitors that you’ve taken proactive steps to ensure that your place of worship is safe and secure.
What We Offer:
- SERVPRO performs all cleanup and bioremediation in accordance with guidelines set in place by the CDC and local authorities.
- SERVPRO’s proprietary cleaning agent, SERVPROXIDE, is an EPA-certified, hospital-grade disinfectant that has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19) on hard, non-porous surfaces.
- HVAC and air duct cleaning to improve and ensure air quality
- Trained cleaning experts who have experience in attending situations involving positive cases of coronavirus who also use the proper PPE and equipment to handle COVID-19 situations.
Free Consultation Plus Free Religious Facility Cleaning Plan
We understand that each place of worship is sacred and unique.
With our free consultation service, a sanitation specialist meets with you on site to put a customized plan together that is respectful to your faith. We tailor this plan to the specific needs of your facility at no additional cost.
This plan may include the following:
- Cleaning and decontamination of non-porous surfaces such as pews, chairs, tables, etc.
- Our detergent cleaner eliminates all of the dust and grime.
- We then decontaminate these surfaces by applying sanitizer either with a ulv fogger or a sprayer.
- We thoroughly clean carpets and upholstery by vacuuming and/or deep washing. We follow up with applying sanitizer to these porous surfaces.
- We use SERVPROXIDE (SERVPRO’s proprietary cleaning agent). This is an EPA-certified, hospital-grade disinfectant that has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19) on hard (non-porous) surfaces.
- HEPA air scrubbing and air duct cleaning with new A/C filters
Call us at (817) 589-1499 to get started on your free church cleaning services plan or submit a request with our quick and easy contact form.
Why Choose SERVPRO for Church Cleaning in Fort Worth, Tx?
SERVPRO North Richland Hills is prepared to thoroughly and conscientiously provide complete church cleaning services. We are a top provider of Fort Worth carpet cleaning services and more!
- 34 years of reliable and superior commercial cleaning services in the Dallas Fort Worth area.
- 24/7 availability means we respond to emergencies (such as confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the premises) and have the flexibility to clean whenever the church is vacant. Since your facilities peak times are likely only a few days a week, we can easily work around your schedule.
- Reverent consideration for sensitive issues concerning your sacred spaces and religious practices.
- Our IICRC trained technicians and industrial disinfectants have been trusted by international airports and federal agencies to prepare spaces for safe and sound use. Our effective disinfecting services meet the needs of any sized facility in any kind of situation. We work around your specific needs.
- Our uncompromising safety and hygiene standards mean our cleaning professionals are trained to adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards. We ensure that our technicians use the proper PPE during cleanings. Some cleaning companies save money by skimping on PPE, but we insist our techs use it when on site. At SERVPRO of North Richland Hills, it’s always safety first!
- Present to the public a certificate that your place of worship has been completely cleaned by SERVPRO - the leading trusted brand in commercial cleaning.
- Social media announcement from us announcing your religious facility has been completely cleaned by us and is safe to worship in!
We’re here to support people of faith in our Fort Worth community! We want to help you provide a safe and secure environment where your congregation will feel at ease as they seek spiritual comfort.
Contact us today with any questions you may have about pricing, COVID-19 sanitation procedures, cleaning products, disinfectant use, etc. We’re here to serve you!
Call us at (817) 589-1499 with your questions for our complimentary consultation. You may also submit your inquiry by filling out our contact form anytime.
Cleaning Services and Coronavirus Disinfection for Dallas-Fort Worth Hotels
Cleaning Services for Hotels
Businesses across the state are gradually reopening after lockdown due to public health measures to stop the spread of COVID-19. The Governor’s office has identified lodging an “essential service.”
Even with the governor’s blessing, some Texas hotels have perhaps opted to close or partially close their buildings to guests in compliance with local government orders or directives from corporate headquarters.
Whether a hotel remained open all along or plans to reopen soon, enhancing property cleaning and disinfection procedures is necessary to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
Like airports, hotels bring in people from all over who may unknowingly carry the virus. Unlike retailers where patrons shop and go, hotel guests stay for 24 hours or longer increasing the chances of spreading germs.
Because lodging operations experience increased exposure, it’s important to have effective hotel cleaning services. SERVPRO of North Richland Hills is here to support proactive health and safety measures for your properties with advice and commercial cleaning services.
Basic Hotel Infection Prevention Measures
Hotels are known for the art of hospitality including comprehensive housekeeping practices, so you likely already have a rigorous cleaning regimen.
With added Coronavirus concerns, it is important to modify your current standard operating procedure by adopting recommendations from authoritative agencies such as the CDC and American Hotel and Lodging Association.
- Promote increased handwashing by employees and guests with signage.
- Post reminders of respiratory etiquette (cover coughs and sneezes).
(Multilanguage notices are helpful for a diverse clientele.)
- Provide tissues and touch-free hand sanitizer dispensers for the public in key areas of the property. (Product should contain at least 60% alcohol.)
- Outline “stay at home” and self-quarantine policies for sick employees.
- Discourage employees from sharing devices and equipment wherever possible.
- Remove or reduce courtesy phones. Regularly disinfect the remaining phones.
- Increase guest turnover time to allow more time for thorough cleaning.
Even the cleanest of properties with stellar hotel cleaning services should adjust their practices to mitigate the spread of the virus. Consult the available resources and confer with your staff to create a plan that works best for the special needs of your properties.
Increased Safety Procedures
- Make the reception desk as contact-free as possible. Use whatever available technology you have to minimize employee-customer proximity.
- Raise awareness of your proactive measures including indications that items in the room have been sanitized.
- Increased cleaning of “high touch” areas. “Last cleaned” charts will help keep track of this.
- Post reminders of social distancing practices.
- If pools and gyms remain open, post what your guests can do to keep those areas sanitary. (Temporary closure of these amenities may be better.)
- Buffets and banquets are prone to germs and cross-contamination. Consider putting these configurations on a hold temporarily. Provide individually served and packaged items instead. (“Grab and go.”)
Social Distancing Efforts for Dallas-Fort Worth Hotels
Social distancing continues to be a primary proactive measure against the spread of the Coronavirus. Below are some suggestions on how to maximize efforts.
- Limit how many people can occupy rooms at a time.
- Close or limit occupancy for meeting rooms.
- Encourage guests to keep their distance from staff and use automated check-in methods instead.
- Stagger worker schedules and have employees work remotely whenever possible. Discourage personnel from lingering after shifts and remind them to maintain distance as much as possible.
- Promote contactless room deliveries and coordinate the hotel cleaning staff to have minimal contact with guests and wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed.
How to Clean and Disinfect a Hotel Room
Customers staying on the premises longer than they would other businesses (like retailers) means enhanced cleaning procedures are needed.
Below are some cleaning guidelines to consider adding to your protocol.
- Prep dirty surfaces by first cleaning them with soap and water. This removes excess germs and exposes remaining germs so that the disinfectant can be most effective.
- Use EPA-registered household disinfectants that are effective against the class of viruses related to COVID-19. (Be sure to completely read and follow label instructions for each product).
- Bleach or alcohol solutions may be used as an alternative disinfectant.
- Expired or some laundry bleach products will not be effective as a disinfectant.
- Dilute the bleach as directed, and use in a ventilated area.
- Do not combine bleach with other cleaners.
- Leave bleach solution on surfaces for at least one full minute.
- Regularly clean “soft surfaces” (carpets, rugs, and drapes) by removing visible soiling and then apply the appropriate cleaners.
- Make sure electronic devices in rooms are regularly sanitized according to manufacturer instructions or with alcohol-based wipes/sprays that contain at least 70% alcohol to disinfect “high touch” surfaces. Make sure these surfaces are completely dried.
Laundry items are prone to harboring germs, so it’s important to enhance washing practices.
- Avoid shaking out linens. This will release germs into the air.
- Wash items according to manufacturer’s instructions with the appropriate detergents. Wash with the warmest water setting allowed and allow items to dry completely before use.
- Hampers and laundry carts should also be regularly cleaned and disinfected.
Should you ever have a special case of soft material contamination, SERVPRO of North Richland Hills offers bioremediation laundry cleaning services with our advanced technology Esporta system.
Choose Our Experts for Hotel Cleaning Services in Dallas-Fort Worth
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills is here to support you with hotel cleaning services including Fort Worth carpet cleaning services and professional air duct cleaning.
- We are a trusted name in commercial cleaning for the DFW area with 34 years of superior cleaning and sanitation services.
- 24/7 operations to respond to emergencies (confirmed case of COVID-19 on-site) and flexibility to work around your operating schedule.
- We have attended sites with confirmed COVID-19 cases and professionally cleaned thousands of square feet affected by the virus. Our IICRC trained technicians and industrial disinfectants are trusted by first responders, airports, homes, and many types of businesses (shipping, manufacturing, healthcare, etc.). We’re fully prepared to be your hotel cleaning company.
- SERVPROXIDE (SERVPRO’s proprietary cleaning agent) is an EPA-certified, hospital-grade disinfectant that has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19) on hard (non-porous) surfaces.
- Facility refresh services include:
- Air duct cleaning with new A/C filters
- HEPA air scrubbing
- Upholstery cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
We’re here to answer any questions you may have about the special needs of your properties, cleaning products, and procedures related to COVID-19. We also offer a complimentary consultation!
Call us anytime at (817) 589-1499. You may also submit your inquiry by using our quick and easy contact form anytime.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned for Fort Worth
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills is a full-service cleaning and restoration company in Fort Worth, Texas. Contact us to get Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
“Clean” Has a New Definition
The Coronavirus pandemic has resulted in employees and customers demanding a new, higher standard of cleaning and sanitation for worksites and stores.
COVID-19 has forever changed what it means to be “clean”.
Clean isn’t enough anymore. Today, we want to know we are safe.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned answers the new demand for a higher standard of cleaning services. Our program is a proactive cleaning service that proactively targets viral pathogens. We combine cleaning and sanitization to help create a safe environment.
Before Coronavius arrived in North Texas, SERVPRO of North Richland Hills was already a leader in biohazard cleaning in Fort Worth. When COVID-19 cleaning became a necessary and daily part of our life, we took our 30+ years of experience and shifted to become one of the leading COVID-19 cleaning companies in Fort Worth and the Mid-Cities. We’ve honed a process to clean and sanitize buildings over the last few months, and now we are helping elevate the standard of cleanliness for commercial properties in DFW.
Complimentary Cleaning Plans Custom-Made for You
Your building and its specific needs are unlike any other. There is no such thing as a blanket cleaning plan that truly meets each property owner’s needs.
We understand that, and that’s why we create a plan that is made especially to meet your needs and wishes.
Contact us today to schedule your Cleaning Protocol Consultant to visit your property and start creating your building’s cleaning protocol.
The Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned Process
1 - Consult
Every Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program starts with a free consultation. A custom cleaning protocol isn’t useful unless we really understand your needs and your property.
Each of our clients is assigned a Cleaning Protocol Specialist. They will:
- Be your one-point contact there for you when you need them.
- Get to know you and your building to create the perfect cleaning plan for you.
- Keep you updated on the latest federal and local guidelines to make sure your cleaning plan continues to meet regulations.
- Work with you on any changes or adjustments your plan needs as you work to increase your capacity and get back to normal levels of traffic.
Your Cleaning Protocol Specialist will take many different factors into consideration when creating a cleaning protocol for you, like:
- Cleaning frequency: one-time, daily, weekly, etcetera.
- The surfaces in your building that are high-touch points.
- Cleaning needs for different types of surface e.g. office spaces versus industrial kitchens versus dining rooms, etcetera.
- A cleaning schedule made to prevent business disruption.
- And more.
2 - Clean
After your cleaning protocol is finalized, we’ll take care of the rest.
It’s that simple.
- Visit your property on the assigned date(s) and times and provide the cleaning services listed on your custom cleaning plan. Your cleaning schedule can include:
- Always adhere to the latest safety guidelines and protocols set by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and governments.
- Utilize the most detergents and disinfectants that best suit your needs.
When and where we clean will be custom to you, but almost every cleaning plan will involve the following:
- Cleaning of porous surfaces. These are areas that allow absorption of moisture, like carpets and upholstery. These types of surfaces are usually vacuumed and, when needed, deep washed.
- Cleaning of non-porous surfaces. These are areas that do not readily allow absorption of moisture, like stainless steel. These are cleaned by wiping off dust and debris with a detergent cleaner.
- Disinfecting non-porous surfaces using a disinfectant.
- Our technicians will use the right equipment, like ULV Foggers and Electrostatic Sprayers.
SERVPROXIDE is our disinfectant of choice. It is proprietary to SERVPRO, EPA-registered, and is certified by the National Sanitation Foundation for direct food and contact use.
3 - Certify
Let everyone know you now have a higher standard of clean.
We’ll help you promote your building’s cleanliness and sanitation by:
- Providing you with a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned badge which will be installed on a front-facing window.
- Give you content like social media posts and email newsletters.
- Promote your business information on our franchise social media channels. If your business is open to the public and is re-opening, we’ll even post your re-opening date, business hours, and location.
Automatically Join our Damage Restoration Priority List
Every Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned client of ours is automatically added to our Damage Restoration Priority List. This will give you:
- 24-hour emergency dispatch for any emergency restoration need, like fire or water damage.
- Priority dispatch during high-demand times, such as major storm events.
Because we’ll know your building layout and contents, we’ll also know how to respond should you ever have a fire or water damage. Before anything happens, we’ll already have a plan in place to help.
COVID-19 Cleaning in Forth Worth and the Mid-Cities
Our family of SERVPRO franchises has cleaned over 1 million square feet of property after positive COVID-19 diagnosis. We are one of the most experienced Coronavirus cleaning companies in DFW.
For our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned clients, this means that:
- You will have a trusted, experienced company to help you in case of a suspected or confused COVID-19 case.
- We can dispatch immediately, 24-hours a day, every day of the year.
Dallas Fort Worth is our home, and helping our neighbors has always been our mission. When Coronavirus cleaning became a necessary part of daily life, our franchise wanted to make sure we were available to help everyone in need.
We are committed to continuing to clean after COVID-19 to keep our homes and businesses safe. In the last few months, we have cleaned:
- First Responder Headquarters
- Ambulances, Police Vehicles, and Fire Trucks
- Shipping Warehouses
- Doctors’ Offices
- Retail Stores
- Office Buildings
- Car Repair Shops
- Construction Sites
- Industrial Machinery
- Thousands of pounds of clothing and other textiles
Cleaning Consultations are Free. Schedule Yours Today
We’re here to help. Contact us today to schedule a visit for your Cleaning Protocol Specialist.
We’re a Cleanup and Restoration Company Near You
With the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned badge on your window, you are reassuring your employees and customers that you understand the necessity for a new standard of clean.
SERVPRO is the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration. Partnering with our company to provide professional, proactive viral pathogen cleanup for your building will lend you our decades of experience and expertise.
Are you ready to get started?
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills has been serving Fort Worth and the Mid-Cities for over 30 years.
Call us today.
We are Here to Help.
Reopening Day Coronavirus Cleaning: What Businesses Should Know
Reopening After Coronavirus
Texas is gradually yet cautiously reopening businesses after many weeks of statewide closures due to the Coronavirus. We look forward to easing back into our familiar activities and habits, but we must do so in a way that avoids a spike in COVID-19 cases.
If and when they are ready, the following businesses are allowed to reopen starting May 1st (per phase one of Governor Abbott’s reopening plan): retail stores, restaurants, movie theaters, and malls at 25% capacity. The next phase will allow additional categories of businesses to reopen.
Public use spaces are of the utmost concern when assessing the risk of viral spread. Since areas where people congregate are most susceptible to spreading the virus, we must ensure these places are properly managed.
Examples Of Businesses With Communal Area Risk:
- Restaurant dining areas
- Daycare centers
- Private schools
- Bowling alleys
Implementing standard operating procedures that are proactive against the spread of disease improves the chances of businesses reopening and remaining open. We do so by abiding by standard practices set in place by the CDC reopening directives.
Working together as a community to make reopening efforts a success, we must continue to abide by health and safety practices such as social distancing, staying home when ill, frequent handwashing, etc.
We’re amazed to see how our local businesses have been able to adapt to a new normal. We are here to do our part to help businesses safely and confidently prepare for reopening.
Steps to Create an Effective Cleaning Guideline for Your Business
1. Develop Your Plan
A complete and thorough plan accounts for every square foot of the business facility with special emphasis on areas most frequently used by humans - both workers and customers.
Having a comprehensive hygiene and safety plan in place is essential to a successful reopening. This consists of both the cleaning process before opening as well as ongoing sanitary maintenance.
As staff and patrons acclimate into a new normal, having a solid plan in place that includes thorough cleaning guidelines and best practices are essential. Your plan is fundamental in reestablishing confidence in resuming the use of your space.
We begin this plan with an inventory of what needs to be cleaned, what requires disinfection, and what equipment is needed to promote safe operations.
Determine What Needs to Be Cleaned
Businesses that have been shut down for a while will need a thorough top to bottom cleaning - especially the “high touch” areas but also areas that are rarely or never touched.
It may help to print out a map of your entire facility including the exterior property. Mark off the places where most human activity and contact occurs.
A map allows you to account for all areas of the premises to ensure that each and every section has been clean. Then you can refer to the specially marked hot spots that need more concentrated attention for sanitation.
The CDC put together an at-a-glance cleaning and disinfection decision tool for national reopening operations. It provides core cleaning guidelines and instructions for properties in general.
Refer to guides specific to your industry and consult with your colleagues to get a complete cleaning plan together.
Determine What Needs to Be Disinfected
Surfaces should be cleaned with EPA approved disinfectants that are specifically intended to combat COVID-19. Closely follow the product directions for maximum effectiveness. (Refer to the EPA guide and list of SARS-CoV-2 disinfectants).
The CDC advises the public to be mindful of “the high touch areas” when it comes to public spaces. Frequent contact with these areas requires increased sanitation for both routing surface cleaning and persistent hand washing.
Examples of Common High Touch Areas:
- ATM machines
- Faucets and sinks
- Gas pump handles
- Light switches
- Touch screens
Seek checklists specific to your business type and consult with your staff to account for all areas that are known for harboring germs and what ought to be sanitized most frequently.
Determine What Equipment and Items are Needed
Once you understand what needs to be clean, double-check that you have everything you need to complete a thorough job.
For some cleaning solutions and procedures, it’s necessary to use special PPE (personal protective equipment) or gloves. When the use of fumigants or fogs is required, this may require special equipment or specialists trained to safely use such products.
Our SERVPRO team is equipped and has the professional expertise to conduct a thorough commercial cleaning (including processes that require complete PPE).
Unsure if you have everything you need? Give us a call at (817) 589-1499. We are happy to answer any questions you have about supplies and procedures.
2. Implement Your Plan
Once you’ve integrated all the necessary information to finalize your complete plan and cleaning guidelines, it’s time to execute your reopening plan.
We start this procedure by cleaning areas that appear to be dirty and use the appropriate cleaning products.
Clean Visibility Dirty Surfaces
Inspect all areas inside and outside for surfaces that look dingy, grimy, or otherwise unclean.
To prepare for the disinfectant application, clean all of these surfaces with soap and water.
Remember to properly clean porous materials such as textiles, rugs, seats, etc., using the appropriate methods.
For example, launder cloth products according to washing instructions with the appropriate strength of detergent at the warmest temperature possible. Make sure fabrics and rugs are completely dried.
Remember to use proper PPE and thoroughly wash your hands after you’ve finished cleaning.
Use Appropriate Disinfectant and Cleaning Products
Once the dirty surfaces have been washed and dried, we can begin using disinfectants on these same surfaces.
Read the complete cleaning instructions for the proper use of the disinfectant including the use of proper PPE.
Train your staff to use the disinfectant as explicitly directed by the instruction details. This ensures worker safety and optimal effectiveness. Remember to use proper ventilation when using chemicals.
Remind your staff to wash their hands thoroughly after handling disinfectant and cleanse any skin that may come in contact with the disinfectant.
Carefully use disinfectant wherever needed and per the directions safeguards staff and patrons from hazards (both germs and cleaning products).
3. Maintain and Revise Plan
New habits are created through repetition and accountability. These efforts stem from a commitment to consistently follow through with the new standard operating procedure.
Auditing your process with daily checklists, inspections, and training drills will help solidify the new policies that work to prevent the spread of viruses.
Health and safety practices should also include stay at home policies for sick employees and customers. Be proactive to ensure that symptomatic employees and customers are promptly directed away from public spaces.
CDC guidelines advise that employees with symptoms of COVID should self-isolate for 7 days, and return to work once they have been symptom-free for at least 3 days (without medication).
But we remember that because of COVID-19 so much changed practically overnight. Texas businesses have already adapted to change, but we must remain vigilant and flexible to emerging issues.
Be resolute with your best practices, but also prepared to modify these plans when necessary.
Follow National and Local Government Guidance
One very important reason to be ready for plan modifications is the possibility of policy change at the city, county, state, and national levels.
Monitor the following websites for updates:
Other regulatory organizations specific to your industry may be of high relevance to your business practices. Stay up to date with those resources as well.
Signing up for alerts and following social media accounts is also helpful to keep up with urgent announcements.
Coronavirus Cleaning and Decontamination Services for Reopening
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills has been promoting public health in the Dallas Fort Worth area with 34 years of superior industrial cleaning services including biohazard cleanup.
We’re honored to put our decades of experience to good use by cleaning hundreds of thousands of square feet in areas affected by confirmed cases of COVID-19.
We’ve come to the aid of homeowners, first responders, airports, as well as many types of businesses including shipping, manufacturing, healthcare, etc.
Some cleaning companies may charge less for services and this is typically due to workers not using proper PPE. Because health and safety are our highest priority, we don’t cut corners on protection equipment for our frontline workers. We ensure that our technicians have sufficient protective equipment.
Our professional technicians have everything they need to perform complete bioremediation services that thoroughly clean, disinfect, and sanitize properties.
What We Have To Offer Our Local Businesses:
- 24/7 emergency cleaning services. This means we work around your hours of operation. If it works best for you to have the job done overnight, we make it happen.
- SERVPRO continues to be the most renowned cleaning, decontamination, and restoration brand in the country. International airports and federal agency operations have trusted our IICRC trained technicians and industrial-grade disinfectant to properly sanitize affected properties.
- No matter the size of the job site, we have the right services and equipment to see it through.
- Effective and professional bioremediation services will completely clean, disinfect, and sanitize the job site.
- Perform the work with uncompromising safety and hygiene standards.
- We apply CDC-recommended & EPA-registered disinfectants to all porous and non-porous surfaces, such as walls up to 8 feet.
- We are cautious with moisture-sensitive surfaces and carefully wipe such items with a disinfectant-wet towelette.
- Wipe down high-touch surfaces.
- Issue a certification that your property was professionally cleaned by SERVPRO of North Richland Hills.
- Social media announcement to inform the public that your business was cleaned by SERVPRO of North Richland Hills and is ready to re-open to patrons.
- Our refresh services include:
- Air duct cleaning with new a/c filters
- Carpet cleaning
- HEPA air scrubbing
- Upholstery cleaning
Our SERVPRO of North Richland Hills mission is to support our local businesses in adapting to the new normal and in reopening their facilities in a safe and conscientious way.
Our goal is to empower your business to reopen with confidence! The staff and the patrons may be a bit unsure about returning to a business that has been closed for a while, but we believe that a thoroughly cleaned premises with a proactive maintenance plan in place goes a long way in bringing peace of mind for all involved.
We’re here to support you in your reopening! Call us today with your questions at (817) 589-1499 or complete our quick and easy contact form anytime.
Shocking Facts About Lightning
Lightning is one of the leading causes of weather-related fatalities.
As the weather begins to warm up, we know that means summer storm will soon be approaching.
Lightning is one of the leading causes of weather-related fatalities. Though the odds of being struck by lightning in a given year are only around 1 in 500,000, some factors can put you at greater risk for being struck. Here are a few lightning safety tips.
Be aware. Check the forecast before participating in outdoor activities. If it calls for thunderstorms, postpone your trip or activity, or make sure adequate safe shelter is available.
Go indoors. Remember the phrase, “When thunder roars, go indoors.” Find a safe enclosed shelter when you hear thunder. Safe shelters include homes, offices, shopping centers, and hard-top vehicles with the windows rolled up.
Avoid windows, doors, porches, and concrete. Do not lie on concrete floors and avoid leaning on concrete walls. Lightning can travel through any metal wires or bars that are in the concrete walls or flooring.
Avoid water. Do not bathe, shower, wash dishes, or have any other contact with water during a thunderstorm because lightning can travel through a building’s plumbing.
If a major storm causes storm damage or flooding in your home or business, reach out to SERVPRO of North Richland Hills for Fort Worth water damage restoration and storm damage repair services. Our team has years of experience handling natural disaster building reconstruction, water removal, and mold remediation services in the area.
We Sell “Peace of Mind” When it Comes to Handling Your Residential Fire
If the unthinkable happens and a fire strikes your business or home, give the experts at SERVPRO of North Richland Hills a call.
Did you know cooking equipment is the leading cause of residential fires? As you find yourself in the kitchen from time to time, fire precautions should be top of mind.
A property owner experiences a flood of emotions when a fire ravages their business or home. Fear, uncertainty, stress, and doubt about the future of the property and their livelihood can be overwhelming to a property owner long after the flames have been extinguished and the smoke has cleared. After the first wave of heroes have rescued the property, let SERVPRO of North Richland Hills help you restore it to its preloss condition. Combining rapid response, the utmost professionalism, and open communication throughout the entire job process, we strive to restore not only the home or business structure, but also the customer’s peace of mind.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) offers the following eye-opening statistics on structure fires.
- 482,030 structure fires were reported in the United States in 2018.
- These fires caused $9.9 billion in property damages.
- One structure fire was reported every 48 seconds.
If the unthinkable happens and a fire strikes your business or home, give the experts at SERVPRO of North Richland Hills a call. We will help make it "Like it never even happened."
CORONAVIRUS: Preventative Methods
Coronavirus - Preventative Methods in your North Texas facilities
Any business in the North Texas area that receives shipments from overseas is extremely likely to be exposed to the most recent outbreak of the Coronavirus pandemic. If you have employees that have recently traveled out of the country, the chance of them bringing it back with them is very likely. Our teams have recently been trained on how to properly decontaminate an area that could be/has been affected by COVID-19.
There are 3 categories of treatment that SERVPRO of North Richland Hills offers.
To learn more about what we can do to help prevent a COVID-19 outbreak in your facility, call our office today.
Visit our SERVPRO of North Richland Hills Facebook page or Instagram page to learn more about the categories of threat.
CDC Coronavirus information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html