How to Conserve More Water at Home
Do you want to conserve more water for the earth (or even just save a few bucks on your water bill)? Check out these 10 simple tips to reuse, reduce, and recycle water in all area of your life!
Saving Water = Saving Money
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth! One of the simplest ways to conserve water without making any changes to your lifestyle.
- Fix the leaks in your house! Those leaky faucets can waste gallons of water and waste tons of your money.
- Wash your car! That’s right! Instead of DIY, go to a car wash service where they recycle their water! Who knew conserving water could be luxurious?
- Take shorter showers! Did you know that 5 gallons of water go down the drain per a minute? Cutting your shower short by 5 minutes could save you 25 gallons of water!
- Or even try skipping the shower a few days a week. Taking a shower every other day can save you big bucks in the long run!
- Go for a trendy yard! Investing in succulents in your yard will use less water and also gain tons of compliments from your neighbors.
- Run a full dishwasher! Which means you do less dishes while saving more water!
- Do you have a green thumb? Try installing a rain barrel to collect that rain water and put it to good use!
- Or trying watering your plants in the morning! This ensures that water is soaked up in the plants but not evaporated by the sun!
- Even using less electricity can save water. Power plants use water to cool down hot parts, so even turning lights off or unplugging electronics can conserve water in the long run!
Do you have more tips on how to save water? Let us know on our Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter page!
Do You Have Water Damage in Your Home?
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after damaging event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility for regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. SERVPRO wants our team to be part of your team! Call us at (817) 589-1499 or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!