Church Cleaning and Sanitation Services for Places of Worship
More than ever, the people in the DFW area need a place for healing. For centuries, places of worship have served as a place to be spiritually fed and where the downtrodden can go for support.
Churches, temples, and synagogues are pillars of the community as they comfort the suffering through prayer and togetherness as well as providing basic necessities like food and shelter.
Because faith-based organizations are so important to our communities, SERVPRO of North Richland Hills is here to support our places of worship so that they may continue to serve their members and neighbors.
We offer disinfection and sanitization guidance as well as complete church cleaning services for faith communities in our area so you may all worship together once again!
How to Clean Your Place of Worship
Your cleaning plan consists of both daily cleaning and scheduled routine cleanings. This accounts for every square foot of the worship center with special attention directed to those areas most frequently used by those who work, regularly attend, or visit the church.
Germ Prone Areas of the Church
- Lobby and entrances
- Nave and Sanctuary
- Fellowship Hall
- Kitchen or Food Service Areas
- Staff and Administrative Offices
- Basement Storage Areas
- Baptismal area
- Choir and orchestral areas
- Pulpit, stage, and seating areas on stage
- HVAC Systems
Having a complete sanitation maintenance plan is fundamental to instill confidence in your member base about the cleanliness and safety of your church.
This plan starts with an inventory of what should be cleaned, what needs to be disinfected, and what equipment is required to safely clean your religious facility.
If your church has been closed for some time (at least seven days) the facility will need a thorough cleaning and disinfection before reopening. There needs to be special attention given to the “high touch” areas but also cleaning of areas that are rarely or never touched.
It helps to map out the entire church property to account for all spaces. Mark off those areas where human activity and contact most commonly occurs. Areas that are frequently touched and thus germ-prone are known as “high touch” areas.
Examples of Common High Touch Areas:
- Door handles
- Faucets and sinks
- Toilets and bathroom fixtures
- Pews and chairs
- Safety rails
- Keyboards and tablets
- Touch screens
- Light switches
Once all cleaning areas have been mapped out, they are ready to receive priority and be part of your church cleaning checklists. “Hot spots” should receive an increase in cleanings.
Go over all areas inside and outside for surfaces that look dingy, grimy, or otherwise unclean. For best effectiveness, all of these surfaces with soap and water before applying disinfectants.
Porous materials such as textiles, rugs, seats, etc., should also be cleaned and disinfected using the appropriate methods. Launder cloth items according to label instructions with the right strength of detergent and the warmest water temperature possible. Fabrics and rugs are to be completely dried before using them again.
Consult the health and safety directives from regional organizations specific to your denomination and meet with leadership to determine how to create the best action plan.
Use of Disinfectants
Disinfectants should be used throughout the properties, but more frequently on high touch areas. Cleansing with soap and water first makes disinfectants more effective as it removes most of the germs and exposes remaining germs so the disinfectant can finish the job.
We highly recommend using EPA-approved disinfectants for regular sanitation. (Refer to the EPA guide and list of SARS-CoV-2 disinfectants).
For any disinfectant product, read the directions thoroughly before use. Some may require prepping the surfaces, use of PPE (personal protective equipment), or ventilation.
Products with at least 70% of alcohol or bleach solutions may be used as alternative disinfectants proactive toward fighting against the Coronavirus.
Make sure the bleach product is appropriate for disinfection (some laundry bleaches are not) and that the bleach is not expired. Bleach solutions should sit for at least one minute to sanitize surfaces. As with all cleaning products, read the directions carefully before use and wear the appropriate PPE.
4 teaspoons bleach to a quart of water
5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach to a gallon of water.
For some cleaning solutions and procedures, special PPE or gloves may be required. Fumigants or fogs may need special equipment or trained specialists to safely use these products.
Our SERVPRO of North Richland Hills team is qualified to properly use such industrial disinfectants.
Ensure that your church cleaning crew is properly trained to follow label directions exactly. They should wear the appropriate PPE when mandated, maintain proper ventilation, and most importantly thoroughly wash their hands after handling disinfectant products.
How to Handle Persons Who Are Sick
While worshiping with those who share your faith is like medicine for the soul, it’s important to remind members that those who are sick should remain at home until they are well again (symptom-free for 10 days without the use of fever-reducing medication).
Remain vigilant about symptoms specific to COVID-19:
- Sore throat
- Losing the ability to taste or smell
- Difficulty breathing
- Chills/shaking with chills
- Muscle aches
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100F
- Close contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19. Those who have been in contact with someone who is likely to have COVID-19 or is a confirmed case of such should self-quarantine for 14 days before leaving the house again)
Should an affected person enter your facility, you do not need to necessarily close the entire building down. Block off any area the sick person has been in contact with. Once those areas have been closed off for 24 hours, you may thoroughly clean and disinfect the surfaces and items.
If feasible, restrict airflow out of the affected area by turning off HVAC systems.
Establishing and implementing policies that promote health and safety reassures your congregation that your place of worship is safe and is concerned about their well being.
We do this by faithfully fulfilling the set cleaning procedure (daily is best), encouraging social distancing, and enforcing policies that only allow well people to attend services.
Resources for Current Advisories and Religious Facility Operations Guidance
- Checklist for Community and Faith Leaders
- General CDC Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Businesses
- Preventative Practices for Faith Based Leaders
- City of North Richland Hills
- Tarrant County
- State of Texas
- US Government
Expert Religious Facility & Church Cleaning Service in Fort Worth, TX
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills understands that our community leaders want the safest environment for their community.
Professional cleaning reassures the church staff, congregation, and visitors that you’ve taken proactive steps to ensure that your place of worship is safe and secure.
What We Offer:
- SERVPRO performs all cleanup and bioremediation in accordance with guidelines set in place by the CDC and local authorities.
- SERVPRO’s proprietary cleaning agent, SERVPROXIDE, is an EPA-certified, hospital-grade disinfectant that has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19) on hard, non-porous surfaces.
- HVAC and air duct cleaning to improve and ensure air quality
- Trained cleaning experts who have experience in attending situations involving positive cases of coronavirus who also use the proper PPE and equipment to handle COVID-19 situations.
Free Consultation Plus Free Religious Facility Cleaning Plan
We understand that each place of worship is sacred and unique.
With our free consultation service, a sanitation specialist meets with you on site to put a customized plan together that is respectful to your faith. We tailor this plan to the specific needs of your facility at no additional cost.
This plan may include the following:
- Cleaning and decontamination of non-porous surfaces such as pews, chairs, tables, etc.
- Our detergent cleaner eliminates all of the dust and grime.
- We then decontaminate these surfaces by applying sanitizer either with a ulv fogger or a sprayer.
- We thoroughly clean carpets and upholstery by vacuuming and/or deep washing. We follow up with applying sanitizer to these porous surfaces.
- We use SERVPROXIDE (SERVPRO’s proprietary cleaning agent). This is an EPA-certified, hospital-grade disinfectant that has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19) on hard (non-porous) surfaces.
- HEPA air scrubbing and air duct cleaning with new A/C filters
Call us at (817) 589-1499 to get started on your free church cleaning services plan or submit a request with our quick and easy contact form.
Why Choose SERVPRO for Church Cleaning in Fort Worth, Tx?
SERVPRO North Richland Hills is prepared to thoroughly and conscientiously provide complete church cleaning services. We are a top provider of Fort Worth carpet cleaning services and more!
- 34 years of reliable and superior commercial cleaning services in the Dallas Fort Worth area.
- 24/7 availability means we respond to emergencies (such as confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the premises) and have the flexibility to clean whenever the church is vacant. Since your facilities peak times are likely only a few days a week, we can easily work around your schedule.
- Reverent consideration for sensitive issues concerning your sacred spaces and religious practices.
- Our IICRC trained technicians and industrial disinfectants have been trusted by international airports and federal agencies to prepare spaces for safe and sound use. Our effective disinfecting services meet the needs of any sized facility in any kind of situation. We work around your specific needs.
- Our uncompromising safety and hygiene standards mean our cleaning professionals are trained to adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards. We ensure that our technicians use the proper PPE during cleanings. Some cleaning companies save money by skimping on PPE, but we insist our techs use it when on site. At SERVPRO of North Richland Hills, it’s always safety first!
- Present to the public a certificate that your place of worship has been completely cleaned by SERVPRO - the leading trusted brand in commercial cleaning.
- Social media announcement from us announcing your religious facility has been completely cleaned by us and is safe to worship in!
We’re here to support people of faith in our Fort Worth community! We want to help you provide a safe and secure environment where your congregation will feel at ease as they seek spiritual comfort.
Contact us today with any questions you may have about pricing, COVID-19 sanitation procedures, cleaning products, disinfectant use, etc. We’re here to serve you!
Call us at (817) 589-1499 with your questions for our complimentary consultation. You may also submit your inquiry by filling out our contact form anytime.