How To Prevent Mold in Your Swamp Cooler
You’ll never guess how swamp coolers got their name – and it’s not because they’re more effective in swampy areas. In fact, swamp coolers work less effectively in swampy areas. There are many running theories about how these alternatives to air conditioning came to be known as “swamp coolers,” but the chief theory is that the name comes from the swampy smell that rises when you have a leaking swamp cooler or don’t clean your swamp cooler well enough. And of course, that swampy smell rises from our number one enemy in Richland Hills, TX: mold.
Keeping Mold Out of Your Swamp Cooer
Because swamp coolers use water and convection to cool the air, they’re very vulnerable to mold infestations. If the standing water inside a swamp cooler begins to stagnate, the cooler begins to leak, or condensation begins to form on the outside because of temperature differentials, you may find your swamp cooler crawling with mold. To keep it clear:
1. Immediately inspect a leaking water cooler. Puddles forming underneath can prompt mold growth. If your leaking water cooler is beyond salvation, you may need to replace it.
2. Periodically empty and change the water in your swamp cooler. Fresh water is less likely to prompt mold growth than dirty or stagnant water.
3. Wipe the condensation from the outside of the cooler. This is particularly important in humid environments, and can also make sure your swamp cooler functions at max efficiency.
4. Frequently clean and dry out your swamp cooler. Dirt and grime mixed with water? Are a perfect recipe for mold. Meticulously clean your swamp cooler on a regular basis. This can mean fully emptying it and letting it dry out, and wiping it down thoroughly inside and out. You may even have to disassemble it to expose damp interior parts to the sun and open air, but anything is better than letting your swamp cooler live up to its “swampy” name. For more information, visit http://www.SERVPROnorthrichlandhills.com/.
What To Do After a Fire
The process of getting your home and life back to normal can be difficult and painful.
A house fire is a devastating event. The steps that follow in the aftermath may seem like a formidable undertaking, but having this list of what do, along with the help of a fire restoration service, can help.
1. Call your insurance company immediately. Its representatives can guide you through your options based on your fire insurance coverage and give you detailed instructions about what you need to do in your particular situation. They can also help you begin the process of filing a claim – an essential step, since everything that happens next comes with a price tag.
2. Use caution. Once you’ve been given permission by the authorities to enter your home, be aware of any risks to your safety. There could be exposed wires, wet floors and compromised structures such as flooring or roof damage. Limit movement in the house, as you can cause further damage by tracking soot and water to other areas. Additionally, your health could be at risk from exposure to soot particles and toxic materials via skin, ingestion and inhalation. Restoration specialists have the experience and tools to properly deal with these hazardous conditions.
3. Secure your property. Broken windows or doors are likely after a fire. A professional fire restoration service can board these up to minimize further damage from weather, vandalism or theft. If your roof is damaged, the service may also provide tarps for protection from the elements. Smoke cleaning services, as well as water damage restoration, are valuable services generally offered.
4. Make important calls. Besides your insurance company, your landlord or mortgage company, as well as any utility providers, will need to be contacted. Inform the police that your house will be vacant. Your employer and your children’s school should be notified. You may also contact a local charitable organization for help with immediate needs, such as a place to stay, clothing and other items.
The process of getting your home and life back to normal can be difficult and painful. Thankfully, with the help of a professional fire restoration service in North Richland Hills, TX, you can be confident that your home can often be restored to its original condition. For more information, visit http://www.SERVPROnorthrichlandhills.com/.
Hidden and Harmful: Electronic Fire Damage
Relying on computer cleanup professionals in Richland Hills, TX, to assess and recommend solutions makes the ordeal less taxing.
When a fire ravages your commercial property in Richland Hills, TX, and no one is harmed, you breathe a sigh of relief. However, the loss of records and files stored on your electronic equipment can be devastating, especially if the data was not saved. Even if all the computers and peripherals appear unscathed during computer cleanup, extensive and invisible damage to the inside is quite common.
Before anyone turns on any electronics after the fire, have a professional examine all the equipment for smoke and soot damage. The three most common perils include:
• Magnetic Charge. Although it’s not common knowledge, smoke carries a magnetic charge that can short out electronic circuits and potentially start an electrical fire.
• Acidity from Soot. Soot is more than just unsightly; its acid content is extremely high and destructive. When it reaches the inside of electronics, soot may cause premature degradation and significantly reduce the normal lifespan of equipment.
• Black Film. Another unseen enemy is the layer of black film smoke often leaves on the inside of equipment. This black coating insulates components, increasing the chance of overheating and an electrical fire. Overheating can also shorten the lifespan of equipment.
Fixing the Problems
First and foremost, hire a professional who specializes in electronic restoration. It’s acceptable for an in-house IT pro to remove any storage or memory—typically stored on hard drives—and transfer the information to a cloud or clean computer that was not in the fire. After that, only an electronics restoration specialist should address the damage and attempt to salvage the equipment. Be aware that merely turning on a computer that’s been in a fire could quickly result in a short circuit and an electrical fire, or other damage.
While the restoration specialist is cleaning your equipment, locate warranty and insurance information on the damaged goods. Fire damage is often covered by warranties, and commercial fire insurance policies may also include coverage on electronics. Contact manufacturers and your insurance agents with relevant questions.
Recovering from a fire is stressful, especially when your important electronic data is at stake. Relying on computer cleanup professionals in Richland Hills, TX, to assess and recommend solutions makes the ordeal less taxing. For more information, visithttp://www.SERVPROnorthrichlandhills.com/.
Bio Cleanup in Fort Worth, Tx
Bio cleanup, Fort Worth Texas
SERVPRO professionals remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue, and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime, or death. Trained professionals of SERVPRO of North Richland Hills thoroughly clean, disinfect, and deodorize the structure.
Water Damage at a Daycare in Fort Worth
Rug with water damage on it at a daycare in Fort Worth.
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills professionals will take steps to help protect your business, as well as belongings and other contents, from further damage by extracting the excess water and prepare the area for drying.
Flooded warehouse in Hurst, Texas
Flooded warehouse in Hurst, Texas
When water damage occurs in your business, avoid the frustration and potential risk of handling the cleanup yourself. SERVPRO of North Richland Hills will respond quickly, with the right equipment to dry and protect your business property.
When Water Damage Strikes
The first 24 hours following a water loss are the most important in preventing secondary or permanent damage. Within four hours of loss notification, SERVPRO of North Richland Hills will have a Professional on-site to help ensure the water damage is handled by completing the following steps.
SERVPRO Professionals will inspect affected areas to determine the extent of water damage and will review the inspection with you to answer any questions before beginning any work.
SERVPRO Professionals will take steps to help protect your home or business, as well as personal belongings and other contens, from further damage by extracting the excess water and preparing the area for for drying. They will explain the needed emergency services to you step-by-step
To help ensure your home or business
and belongings are dried to appropriate
industry standards, a SERVPRO Professional will monitor the drying process. The updates will be
consistently communicated to you.
SERVPRO Professionals will repair structural materials, reinstall carpets, and clean affected areas of your property and belongings. A final walk-through of the job-site will be conducted
with you to help ensure the property was returned to preloss condition.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help 24/7
Call Today - 817-589-1499
Fire Damage Cleanup
Fort Worth Fire that caused damage in all rooms of the house.
Many times, if asked; what is your emergency plan? Homeowners and renters can answer that with their emergency plan on how to get out of their home during a fire.
What about how to get back into your home, after the fire has been put out? You can always call your insurance to make a claim, wait to get through to an actual live person and then, wait some more on who they suggest. This time, can be costly, especially when you have water just sitting in your home from the fire hoses.
Know your rights and steps you can take to prevent secondary damage. Call SERVPRO of North Richland Hills first. Allowing us to start work right away, will save you time and money! We will work directly with your insurance and adjuster, to get you back in your home after fire damage or water damage as soon as possible!
Hotels Need Water Clean Up Also
This Fort Worth Hotel had a water damaged rug that we were able to restore, saving thousands!
Hotels in and around North Richland Hills, know to call SERVPRO of North Richland Hills. As a large loss response team, we are able to respond quickly and get to work on your water restoration needs as soon as we arrive on site.
Hotels, often times, have water damage and hotel flooding due to guests and their uses of the facility. SERVPRO of North Richland Hills has recently responded to a bathtub overflow, sink overflow and toilet overflow that affected plus rooms and several floors. Using a local water and fire restoration company that works with hotels, hospitals and government facilities can provide the level of expertise and professionals that are needed in the hotel industry.
We understand that after a water loss, with so many rooms affected; even if it is just one-This can cost your hotel loss of revenue and make for some very unhappy guests. SERVPRO of NOrth Richland Hills will be quick, discreet and do the work the right away!
Commercial Duct Cleaning
Has your office been hit by the flu? With the flu, officially an epidemic, have you considered duct cleaning for your facility? Duct cleaning can eliminate an array of issues your facility or office may be experiencing, such as odors, dust, pollen, dirt and debris, along with numerous other contaminants.
The benefits go beyond just breathing in better cleaner and better smelling air but also, saves money and increase efficiency with your HVAC system.
The best way to determine of your facility of office needs this-Have one of our professionals come out to inspect your HVAC system and ducts. We can put together a free estimate for you. We also will work with your schedule, as we know shutting down business to be cleaned; may not always be doable. We will work with your schedule and do what is best for you, your employees, work schedule and your overall needs. Call us today to schedule!