Ceiling Damage Restoration in Fort Worth
Ceilings keep things out of sight and out of mind such things as electrical wires, house framing, roof trussing, and sometimes even plumbing. We take them for granted until they fail or fall through completely.
Ceiling damage in Fort Worth is caused by many factors. Below are common ceiling damage scenarios:
- User error: One misplaced foot in the attic or crawlspace breaks through the ceiling surface. Objects thrown at the ceiling might also cause fractures in the ceiling.
- Plaster cracking: Naturally, plaster ceilings show some amount of cracking over time. Cracks less than a certain inch wide and no more than 18 inches long can simply be patched. For extensive damage or when cracking branches out, consult a professional.
- Truss shifting: Roofing wood moves with changing temperature and humidity. Special ties can be applied to the joists to control this.
- Water damage: Roof failure or plumbing problems cause water to saturate the ceiling materials. You may notice the ceiling has discoloration or sagging. This issue should be addressed immediately to prevent mold problems.
- Foundation settling: Cracks along the joints form with normal settling. Minor cracks can be patched without further action.
Minor cracks can usually be patched by homeowners themselves, but when significant damage to the ceiling occurs due to storm damage, fire damage, or upstairs plumbing problems, it’s time to call the professionals. Our teams are prepared to do a complete Storm Damage Cleanup and Restoration as well as Building and Reconstruction Services. When your ceiling falls through or looks like it’s about to, call SERVPRO right away!