Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Texas Disaster Restoration & Biohazardous Situations
Many times, disaster restoration involves biological hazards. When the situation is dangerous, it’s especially important to hire a professional disaster cleanup company.
Our biohazard cleaning projects have included:
- COVID-19 cleaning after a positive diagnosis.
- Storm flooding water damage. Rising stormwater contains many types of biohazards and must be avoided.
- Fire damage restoration. Smoke and soot may contain carcinogens and should not be breathed in or touch bare skin.
- Mold remediation. Every kind of mold is treated with the highest level of care due to its possible toxicity.
Contact Us for a Free Cleaning Estimate
We’re here for you. Call or contact us online anytime.
Cleanup Procedure for Biological Hazards
Our technicians are certified and know how to keep you and themselves safe while cleanup and sanitization service happens, and our results are scientifically validated.
- Assessment. We will inspect the affected area and all surrounding space to understand the extent of the biohazard damage.
- Cleaning and Sanitization. The affected property and belongings, including clothing, will be sanitized. The cleanliness of our methods is proven with ATP tests. Severe biohazards will require demolition.
- Biohazardous Waste Disposal. All waste will be bagged and taken to a licensed biohazard waste disposal facility for incineration.
- Reconstruction. If demolition was required, we will repair or rebuild it.
We’re a Full-Service Damage Restoration Company near You
Our headquarters are in Fort Worth, Texas off Airport Freeway. We arrive anywhere in North Texas quickly. Call us today.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (817) 589-1499
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of North Richland Hills has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills proudly serves Fort Worth, North Richland Hills, Watauga, and surrounding areas.