Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold growth can happen anywhere.
Even the best-kept properties can have mold infestation. If you see mold on your property, keep these important safety tips in mind.
- Do not disturb the mold. Any disturbance may cause the mold spores to become airborne and spread. The safest practice is to leave the mold alone.
- Spraying bleach may not solve your mold problem. One of the most common phone calls we receive is from homeowners needing help after trying DIY mold remediation with bleach. When not done properly, mold removal can cause mold growth to spread because its spores were disturbed and went airborne.
- Stop the source of growth. Mold is fed by moisture. If you see mold near a leak, stop the water movement to that area if you can do it safely.
Free Mold Inspections in Fort Worth and the Mid-Cities
We’re here to help. Contact us any time to schedule a visit from one of our mold remediation specialists.
Our Mold Remediation Specialists Are Ready to Help
When our mold remediation specialists perform a mold inspection in Forth Worth and Mid-Cities properties, we take many factors into consideration, including:
- What rooms experience high levels of moisture?
- Where is the water heater?
- Has there been a recent flood or water damage?
- Are occupants experiencing otherwise unexplained health effects?
We’re a Mold Removal Company Near You
We’re a SERVPRO in Fort Worth, TX. Inspections are free, and mold removal can be scheduled for any time.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (817) 589-1499
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Richland Hills for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of North Richland Hills has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills proudly serves Fort Worth, North Richland Hills, Watauga, and surrounding areas.