Texas is no stranger to tornadoes. A solid emergency plan is critical when a twister pops up. Here is some tips on how to protect yourself, your family, and even pets in the event of a tornado.
Taking Action Against Tornadoes!
- Stay updated with the news!
- Pick a room in your home that is your safe room if you cannot evacuate in time for a tornado. A storm cellar or a room with no windows on the lowest level will work.
- Make sure to have a emergency kit ready! (Here is a great blog you can read about preparing one for your family!)
- Try to turn off your water and electricity to prevent any potential damage!
- Know the differences between Tornado Watch and Tornado Warnings!
Tornado Watch means that there’s a possibility of tornadoes in the area.
Tornado Warnings means that a tornado has been spotted and to take cover immediately!
If there’s damage or clean up from a tornado in your home or business, let SERVPRO of North Richland Hills help take care of the mess. SERVPRO specializes in storm clean up and restoration, so trust in the professionals who will do it right, the first time.
Stopping Storms in Their Tracks!
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after damaging event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility for regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. SERVPRO wants our team to be part of your team! Call us at (817) 589-1499 or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!