Texas winter is on its way and along with it come the Texas ice storms! SERVPRO of North Richland Hills has put a list together to help winterize your home and help prevent water damage from a storm.
- Insulate wall and attics, weather strip doors and windows, and install storm windows or cover existing windows with plastic.
- Insulate pipes and allow faucets to slightly drip to prevent freezing
- Maintain heating equipment by having it inspected regularly.
- Ensure the stability of your home by hiring a contractor to check the structural ability of your roof to maintain heavy weight from the buildup of snow or water.
- Learn how to shut off water valves (in case a pipe bursts).
- Keep fire extinguishers on hand, and make sure everyone in your house knows how to use them. House fires pose an additional risk as more people turn to alternate heating sources without taking the necessary safety precautions.
SERVPRO of North Richland Hills is ready
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!