Step 2: Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
Our Water Damage Restoration Process
Our approach to each water damage restoration is unique and custom made for the property we are restoring, and what the residents of that property need to be safe and feel comfortable.
No matter the size or reason for a water loss, our commitment to quick and quality damage restoration remains the same.
24-Hour Water Damage Restoration in Fort Worth
We dispatch when you call, 24-hours a day, every day of the year.
Water damage disasters don’t take vacations, and neither do we. Our franchise is always on-call and ready to dispatch. When our clients call for help, we:
- Dispatch technicians. A team of IICRC certified technicians start to head your way. They will arrive with the necessary equipment and tools to start water removal immediately.
- Assign a Project Manager. Our managers are water damage experts. One of them will be assigned to make sure the restoration work done on your property is performed to our high-quality standards.
- Assign a Project Coordinator. This person is an insurance expert, and their job is to make sure your water damage insurance claim is filed correctly so your property receives all the services it needs to get back to preloss condition.
Our typical arrival time is less than 3 hours.
We are a SERVPRO in Fort Worth with our headquarters on Highway 121 between 820 and 35W. Our location off the highway allows us to get anywhere in Dallas Fort Worth quickly.
Additional Water Restoration Process Steps
Identify and Stop the Water Source
We will check for the source of moisture in your home or business. The source must be stopped before any restoration or drying of the building can be successful.
- Stop the Source
- Check for Contaminated Water
Identify the Type of Water
We will identify the category and classification of water damage to ensure our professionals restore your property based on industry guidelines. The level of contamination of the water will affect the specific restoration processes we use.
- Category 1: "Clean Water"
- Category 2: "Gray Water"
- Category 3: "Black Water"
Survey the Extent of the Water Damage and Inspect the Premises
We inspect and test to determine the extent of damage and how far the moisture has traveled to ensure proper and complete restoration. In addition, we will inspect for safety concerns that may be evident. If there are any safety issues like lead or asbestos, please bring them to our attention.
- Survey Damage
- Complete Safety Inspection
Move or Block Furniture
We move furniture and property contents and block items to help prevent rust or furniture stains on wet carpet.
- Block Furniture